Follow us on:
What Can You Tell Me About Photo Tripping America?
- Do you love to travel?
- Do you enjoy photographing the places you visit?
- Do you see the world through a unique perspective?
- Are you looking for great gear for photography and travel?
- Do you need to find a way to finance your travels without breaking the bank?
If you answered yes to any or all of the above questions, then Photo Tripping America is for you! You’ll find:
- Instruction on how and where to sell your images for profit like I do
- Interesting trips, exciting locations, and great images
- Articles and posts that will offer in-depth information, history and little known side stories
- Product reviews on travel gear, photography gear and much, much more
- Resources to help you plan your own road trips, hiking jaunts and photo outings
- Informational articles and videos to teach you how to capture better images of your own
- A series of posts to teach you step-by-step how to create your own website or travel blog
- Links to a variety of resources from photography equipment reviews to shooting locations, great photo opportunities at museums and roadside attractions, to educational instruction…and more!
Resident Travel Photographer
My name is Shelley Dennis, and as a professional stock photographer and an avid traveler, I have spent a fair amount of time on the road, in a tent, luxuriating by a hotel pool, hiking, biking, driving and flying around the United States. I can’t remember a time when I didn’t have a camera in my hand…even at eight years old I was photographing power plants on the family vacation for a report at school, so photography and a bit of journalism seems to be in my blood.
There are tons of travel writers out there, but I wanted to express my particular type of traveling…with my camera AND my dog…in an informative and encouraging light. So Photo Tripping America will be full of great stories and photographs, resources and classes, all with the intention of helping you to become inspired about your own photography skills and sales. Hopefully you’ll see that if I can do it, you can, too!
Along the way, I hope to instill this love I have for photography and travel in you, my readers. It is my deepest desire to teach you how to make an income from your images, so that you can follow your own dreams like I have! Please, join me for this journey, and let’s see if I can help you create some streams of income from all of those photographs that you have captured!
Now let me introduce you to my sidekick, Sully. As I write this my new Golden Retriever puppy is only ten weeks old. But he is already proving himself an ardent traveler and an astute judge of character! Together he and I hope to tackle everything from the Santa Fe Trail to Route 66, from Tom Sawyer’s picket fence to the Texas Rangers (we’re not talking baseball here), from ghost towns to golfing, and shipyards to petrified forests. We’ll hit big cities, little towns and locations where only the tumbleweeds have addresses. We’re no respecter of persons, places or things…we want to see it, photograph it, and write about it all! So I’m counting on you, the reader, to send us suggestions. Tell us what you’d like to see or where you’ve been – use the “Comments” field at the end of every post, and be sure to sign up for our newsletter to see where we’re heading, what we can do to encourage your own adventures, and how you, too, can enjoy a travel photography career or just share your love of photography and traveling for fun!
Each blog post will include tips regarding the photos used, covering everything from lighting and composition to lenses and actual subject matter. And because I’ve always admired other photographers’ work but found it difficult to replicate camera settings at times, I will be posting info with each of the pictures you see on the blog posts. The images themselves will be labeled with the camera and lenses used, along with the ISO, f-stop and shutter speed, to assist other photographers in capturing great images in similar circumstances. And of course, if you are interested in more in-depth stock photography instruction, please check out my series on “Selling Your Photos.”
Navigate the Website
I’ve created a very short tour around the website to give you an idea of what we have to offer. Just press the “Get Started Here!” button below to see all of the goodies we have for you here at Photo Tripping America!
If you haven’t already done so, we hope you’ll consider subscribing to Sully’s newsletter. You’ll get many more resources, monthly updates on our adventures, experiences, photos, traveling tips and more…but absolutely no SPAM! Click here to subscribe, and thanks for reading!